Many times we avoid spending money on preventive maintenance because we consider it a waste of money or simply less important. But, is it? Studies show that the cost of preventive maintenance is always lower than the cost of an accident. Therefore, it is always better to be proactive, keep an eye on potential failures, and take action timely.
There are many sings when we need to consider taking action for our roof preventive maintenance to avoid any unfavorable situations. Following are the signs that prompt action needs to be taken for your roof;
- After heavy rain, if your roof leaks, or shows signs of leakage such as wet ceilings, or change in color, you should get your roof repaired instantly. To prevent these situations, we should get our roofs inspected by professionals from time to time or if you suspect any signs of damages.
- If you notice some light coming out of your roof, you should get your roof checked for any sort of holes or big cracks. These are the initial signs of big damages, which can result in fatal accidents.
- If you see some paint peeled off. This shows that the roof of your house or office does not have proper ventilation. Improper ventilation leads to penetration of moisture into the roof and causes internal damage to the roof.
- If the drains of the roof are clogged or show the signs of being clogged soon such as, if the water drains slowly or there is some debris inside the drain. They should be cleaned before they cause larger damage. If the water does not drain properly from the roof, it causes serious damages which might even require a roof replacement.
- If you see a displaced tile or any sign of wear and tear from outside of the roof, you need to replace the damaged parts.
Roofs are an integral part of any construction. It has to bear all the harshness of weather and protect the house. Therefore, we need to take good care of our roofs and be vigilant for the signs for when it requires repair or replacement. A professional should be consulted to understand the needs of our roofs.