In addition to the work of plumbing, the installation of a drainage system is much necessary under your basement of the building. It is in need of a well-planned landscape of a good drainage system. In order to reduce soil erosion, there must be a plan to execute the drainage pipe system. While considering drainage it can be either natural or artificial. Many of the places posses’ natural drainage and this shows that excess of water flows from the fields to lakes or rivers.
Steps to be followed while installing a drainage pipe
There are about seven steps to be considered while in case of installing the drainage pipe. They include,
- First to decide on the route through which the water has to flow on directly.
- To decide for the pipe at which it has to be open or closed as per the requirement of the drainage system.
- Then the trench has to be decided to dig at which the drainage pipe has to set. The trench of the drainage needs to be about 10 inches wide and 18 inches deep in its measurement.
- In closed drainage piping, line the trench with the couple inches of gravel and level it. In case of using open drainage piping, then filter fabric is used to line the trench.
- Then install the pipes into the drainage along the bottom of the trench.
- Now it is time to refill the trench after checking of the piping has been completed.
- Finally to replace the sod to give a neat finish.
Pipe used in the drainage system
There are different types of materials present in the piping technique. They include
- Plastic piping
- Metal piping
- Ceramic piping
- Sewage piping
The drainage piping most commonly uses ceramics. But in some cases plastic is also used for its piping technique which is simple and easy to carry through and also it is lower in cost. The plastic pipes that are used as drainage pipe are Polyethylene and Polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Some of the other drainage pipes include cast iron, galvanized steel, ABS, CPVC, etc.
The best type of drainage piping
There are two types of uses for two types of drainage piping. They are
- Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC)is basically the form of PVC in which it is been added to some amount of chlorine in addition. This CPVC is used for the easiest water pipe to repair.
- Polypropylene (PP) is another type of piping used as the safest material for the drainage pipe at home level.
Benefits of plastic drainage pipes
There are several benefits while using of plastic drainage pipes rather than using metal drainage pipes. They include
- Plastic pipes are less in weight and easy to transport.
- It can be extended to lengths as per the requirement.
- Plastic pipes used in drainage are durable, robust and remains good for years.
- These are of less friction, chemical resistance, and flame resistance.
- It is sustainable and can tolerate ground movement.
Advantages of drainage systems
- It prevents water accumulation.
- It mainly reduces soil erosion.
- Helps in removing toxic materials and disease organisms.